I was nominated for this tag by Sweaters & Raindrops! She has a really cool book blog with lots of great reviews and interesting bookish posts. (And a great blog name!)
(I’m not sure who the original creator of this tag is)
1) What do you like about buying new books?
Everything: the smell, the addition to my bookshelf aesthetic, the freedom to underline passages, tab pages, and write in the margins.
2) How often do you buy new books?
Well… compared to the general population, often. Compared to the book blogging/booktube community, barely ever. I usually get books from the library or my school media center, and until this summer, I was completely broke because my only source of income was birthday money and I would always spend it on coffee. But now I am making money off tutoring, so I’ll be able to buy more new books!
3) Bookstore or online book shopping: which do you prefer?
Bookstores. This is probably the most shamelessly nerdy thing I’ll ever say, but my favorite hangout is Barnes and Noble. I spent the entire weekend there before my midterms in January (that feels like decades ago). My friends and I always meet up to talk, study, read, and get coffee and soft pretzels. (By the way, if your local B&N has spinach and feta soft pretzels, you need to try one)
Or at least we USED to go there all the time. Obviously, we can’t anymore. I just love the atmosphere of bookstores and coffeeshops, and a bookstore and a coffeeshop together is just perfect!
4) Do you have a favorite bookshop?
I believe I already answered that question.
5) Do you pre-order books?
I haven’t ever done this, but maybe I’ll start soon. I might need to for A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder #3
6) Do you have a monthly buying limit?
The limit = however much money I feel like spending. (It usually limits itself)
7) How big is your wishlist?
Well, I don’t have a formal wishlist for books to buy; when I go to buy books, I strategically choose books that are a) new releases b) ridiculously hard to get at the library c) not owned by the library d) an author I love. So my wishlist is comprised of the amount of books on my Goodreads TBR and my mental TBR that fit any one of those conditions at any given time.
8) Which three books from your wishlist do you wish to own right now?
All of them! But the top three would be:
- A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder #3 by Holly Jackson– it’s only coming out May 2021 though…
- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys– I think I have this on hold at the library right now though… so it’d be much more economical to wait six more weeks for my hold to be ready instead of buying this book. But then again, I am almost positive I will love this book. I’d better love this book.
- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky– it’s kind of sad I haven’t read this yet. I have it on hold as well, but my hold is set to take months. So it’s a contender.